Privacy Statement :
Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank came into existence through amalgamation of the following SBI sponsored Regional Rural Banks operating in Andhra Pradesh on 31.03.2006.
- Sri Visakha Grameena Bank: Established on 30.09.1976
- Nagarjuna Grameena Bank: Established on 30.04.1976
- Sangameswara Grameena Bank: Established on 31.03.1982
- Manjira Grameena Bank: Established on 31.03.1982
- Kakathiya Grameena Bank: Established on 28.06.1982
To fall in line with recognized International Practice and for the information of customers and others who visit the Bank's website we believe that it is necessary to post a privacy statement basic philosophy is that, the information shared with the Bank should be treated as private. We also desire to say explicitly that adequate precautions have been taken to protect information relating to customers and their dealings with the Bank from the mischievous and the fraudsters. Customer confidentiality and privacy are of utmost concern to APGVB. Our employees treat the information concerning customers’ accounts in the same responsible and confidential way that we want our own financial affairs treated.
1. Recognition of your expectation of privacy
We recognize that our customers expect privacy and security for their personal and financial affairs. We understand that, by selecting us for their banking needs, they have entrusted us to safeguard their personal financial information. We want them to be informed of our commitment to protect the privacy of their personal financial information with the following privacy principles and practices.
2. What personally identifiable information is collected from you?
We collect information from customer regarding name, addresses, email addresses, passport number, Income, PAN, details of nominees, etc.
4. How we use, collect, and retain customer information
On our site we collect, retain, and use information about customer only when we reasonably believe that it will help administer our business or provide products, services, and other opportunities to them. We collect and retain information about them only for specific business purposes.
5. We use information to :
6. How we keep customer information accurate:
- Open and administer customer accounts and to protect his/her records and funds.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations help us design or improve our products and services for customer benefit.
- Understand customer financial needs so that we can provide his/her with quality products and superior services.
- To comply with laws, guidelines and regulations that governs the financial services in the country. o To quote examples we need to obtain Passport number for NRI account & PAN for deposit accounts in respect of resident customers.
It is in customer interest, and it is our objective, for us to have accurate, current, and complete information concerning them and their accounts. We have strict procedures that our employees abide by to meet this objective. While some procedures are required by Central, State laws or RBI regulations, we have implemented additional procedures to maintain accurate, current, and complete financial information, including processes to update information and remove outdated information. If customer believes that we have incorrect information about them or their accounts, please email us through the feedback mechanism provided on the website or modify the profile information on the site as permissible. We will correct any erroneous information as quickly as possible.
7. How we limit access to customer information by our employees
8. Our security procedures to protect customer information
We follow best security practices to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information about you.
9. How we restrict the disclosure of customer information
APGVB does not release customer information except as directed by law or as per your mandate. We do not share specific information about customer accounts or other personally identifiable data with non-affiliated third parties for their independent use unless:
- The information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you; o You request or authorize it;
- The disclosure is required by/or directed by law; or
- Customer has been informed about the possibility of such disclosure for marketing or similar purposes through a prior communication and have been given the opportunity to decline
- A customer who has established a relationship with us.
- A potential customer who has applied for a loan.
- A visitor to APGVB web site.
12. Internet privacy on APGVB's web site For each visitor to APGVB's web site ( http://www.apgvbank.in/),we automatically recognize the following visitor information:
A visitor's Internet Service Provider (for example, AOL or AT & T WorldNet), but not your specific e-mail address. For example, if your e-mail address is , only the 'rediffmail.com' part of the address is recognized
Aggregate visitor information on pages which customers visit.
13. Other information about our web site
- Children visiting APGVB's web site: We are confident that parents will not judge any of the information provided by APGVB as objectionable for viewing by their children
- Customers using APGVB's Internet Banking Service: For customers using our APGVB Internet Banking, all visitor information is collected along with any information that you volunteer as a customer while using APGVB's web site
- Links to, or from, APGVB's web site: APGVB is not responsible for information practices employed by web sites linked with our web site. Generally, links to non APGVB web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to users of APGVB's web site
- Encrypted information: Information provided by you on APGVB's web site is encrypted or scrambled in order to secure information